Tuesday 19 May 2009

Paed a feicio yn Ngymraeg...

In my search for the image that represents the frustrations and confusions of attempting to (re)learn Welsh used in the post below, I found this other image. If I was riding past this on my bike I wouldn't notice anything. The quizzical fellow in the picture is clutching a dictionary though, which caused me to investigate further. The results were somewhat surprising.

By way of translation (using much assistance from the Oxford Pocket Modern Welsh Dictionary)

Llid = Irritation
y = [of] the
pledren = bladder
dymchwelyd = has returned.


The implications of being a Welsh speaking cyclist appear to be much higher than that of being an English speaking cyclist. I'm going to keep cycling in English; the risks are simply too high not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I like commenting. I like your comments.